About Me

My photo
I am a cross trained higher education professional and experiential educator. I am interested in these intersections and how they can be utilized to create a world in which more people see success in their lives. I am an individual committed to positive change in the world. + ∞ Δ

Friday, May 7, 2010

Social Justice

A man whom I respect greatly, Jim Wallis, the leader of the Sojourners religious organization recently posted a letter to Glenn Beck about what Mr. Beck has said in the past concerning both Social Justice as well as the recent immigration law in Arizona.

I personally feel that the law is ridiculous and while immigration does need some reform, this is not the right direction. We need to make it acceptable to come to this country, that is what we were founded on. I agree with Jim that this law is a harkening back to Nazi Germany, making people carry papers at all times just because they could be suspected as being foreign born. I highly recommend this article, and a dialogue in the comments section.

Glenn Beck, Immigration, and Social Justice

On a lighter note, I graduate in 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment