About Me

My photo
I am a cross trained higher education professional and experiential educator. I am interested in these intersections and how they can be utilized to create a world in which more people see success in their lives. I am an individual committed to positive change in the world. + ∞ Δ

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Groups

SO today I ran support for two different groups. One high school peer leadership group and one middle school group. The middle school is a group of students with which we work on a regular basis and the high school group had come out to us at the beginning of the year and now this was the culmination of their year-long peer leadership experience.

Running support generally means making sure the programs run smoothly by doing whatever need to be done. I enjoyed this, but the highlight was being able to facilitate the dam rappel with the peer leadership group. That was a lot of fun and the students were fabulous!

Also, I got paid for a week of work. It was much more than I was making as a GA. Ugh. That was sweet. Now if I could only find a bank...

I guess that brings me to another thing I guess you all don't know about this situation. I live in the middle of nowhere. I know you all say that NJ is overpopulated and full of nothing but smokestacks and all. I call bull.

As you know I have been to many places in my life. My breathe was taken away today by the beauty of this old mill next to a field. It was crazy. I wish I had had my camera to take a photo. But I digress, as I was saying I am far from everything. It is really different and really cool. I like it a lot so far. I promise, sometime this week, I will try to get some photos up of the area.

Take care dear friends.

2 comments:

  1. Intertesting news and views. The police stop left me a little puzzled. What this about tinted windows. Sounds pretty trivial for a stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I appreciate.

    The cop pulled me over because my car looks suspicious, despite there being no legit reason. But in the state I live in, having tinted front driver and passenger windows is illegal, but I don't have them tinted.

    ReplyDelete