About Me

My photo
I am a cross trained higher education professional and experiential educator. I am interested in these intersections and how they can be utilized to create a world in which more people see success in their lives. I am an individual committed to positive change in the world. + ∞ Δ

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

DMB, Snakes & Training

So this past weekend I went to upstate New York with two of my roommates for a spontaneous weekend trip to see Dave Matthews Band. It was a blast. I had such a great time. The show was a bit different than the one I went to last year in terms of energy and types of songs he played, but in all it was a good time.

Since I have gotten back we have been prepping for the summer staff to arrive. It is kind of weird as I am watching all of my friends be the summer staff while I am getting ready to train/ be trained with the summer staff here. Some of them came this evening and we got to have dinner with them. In all they seem like a pretty cool group. I am very excited to meet with more of them and learn more about them.

Additionally, I got to go kayaking this Sunday with two of my roommates on the Delaware River. It's pretty much like a big ole lake, which for my whitewater boat, kind of sucks. I have to paddle extra hard to keep it straight as opposed to them who had a leisurely paddle. At one point, we kept seeing all these fish and it was really cool and exciting. I got a bit ahead of them and thought that I saw a really BIG fish. So I sped up to see it and it was moving really fast. I got a bit closer and saw that it was REALLY BIG, like 5 feet big. Them I realized that this fish had no fins. Then I realized based on how it was swimming with it's head above water that it was a water snake! Now, as some of you may know I had a pet snake for a while, so snakes don't generally freak me out that much, but water snakes freak me the hell out. I immediately turned right around and paddled my happy ass out of there. It was crazy!

Luckily, they do not have poisonous water snakes here, so I need not to be freaked out that badly, just mildly! :-)

Well, training started tomorrow and it's going to be hella intense.I am excited. I shall update you on it as we go!

Thanks friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment